Welcome!

Welcome, and thank you for your interest in supporting the gift of life! I have documented my journey as a Bone Marrow Donor(BMD) with this website in hopes of spreading awareness. The moments leading up to my transplant procedure made me realize that donating was just the first step. Nearly every single person I shared the news or this journey with had the following three questions:

1) What do you donate bone marrow for?

2) You only donate to family members...right?

3) Isn’t that EXTREMELY painful?

If you have any of these questions in your mind, please keep reading. This website was written for you, because YOU are someone’s cure.

Monday, September 1, 2014

UPDATE: The best sentence ever uttered


Thirty days after your transplant procedure you will receive an update on your recipient. For me, these were the longest thirty days of my life. The call came as I was preparing to go to work. I was mid straightening my hair when my phone rang. I looked down and saw my advocate’s name. I picked up the phone and held my breath; my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest. Then I heard the words I was hoping and praying for:

“The transplant was a success!”

My 3-year old princess is alive and well, she has a second chance at life! The excitement and rush of emotions is indescribable. The news made every thing leading up to this point worth it. I was so overwhelmed in fact that my straightener remained on for the duration of the day, oops! Thankfully, the house didn’t burn down…though I am pretty sure even that would not have stolen the joy I felt.

I recognize not everyone receives happy news after a transplant. There is a possibility your recipient will die. Our job is to provide them the best possible chance at life. I would like to invite readers whose recipients didn't survive to respond. I would love to hear about your experience and support you. Telling your story could greatly help someone else who is struggling. 

Next update on my recipient is at the 6 month mark, but stay tuned because I will still be updating. Currently planning a bone marrow drive, which is super easy! Be the Match practically does all the work for you.

If you are curious about hosting a donor drive please visit:

For more frequent updates please follow me on my Facebook page: Support the Gift of Life. 



"For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord" 
-Jeremiah 30:17-



No comments:

Post a Comment